Friday, July 24, 2009

Honoring A Special Request

I was gonna regale ya here with details of our colonoscopies last week, but Hawkeye begged me not to, so I'll comply with his request. You do need to know one thing...
Sara Jean chickened out.
The day prior to our scheduled procedure, BEFORE she had started drinking the tasty "GoLytely", she started having diarrhea and throwing up...
Nerves.
And rightfully so. She has a strong gag-reflex so I sincerely doubted her ability to get a gallon of that stuff in her. Heck, I truly doubted she could get a full glass of it in her.
So she called and told the folks what she was experiencing and they rescheduled her. We have now found that if she absolutely refuses to drink the GoLytely there is another way to get the job done... with a "Fleet Enema".(?)
I'll let ya know more when I know more.

But for those that have not already read the play-by-play and are interested, you can go here and maybe read more than you want to know on the subject. But let me re-emphasize here, if you are over 50 and have not yet had this procedure done, remember Farrah, (maybe unnecessarily) dead at 62.

Shift gears now...
I don't know about you, but this Man-made global warming is about to chill me to death! We have had jacket weather most nights for the last two weeks.
The cold is also delaying growth in our garden. Sweet corn is ready to pick, but the ears are small. Tomatoes are growing slowly and most have spots or other problems making the fruit look ugly.

We are looking forward to seeing a bunch of you on the 15th. What time do you want to meet at the Log Inn for dinner...
Want to beat the normal dinner crowd? Is 5 P.M. better, or would you rather eat at a more normal 7 P.M. or so? (Consider we may want to visit a while after eating.)
Please make your thoughts known.


Hawk and his Mrs. are coming,
as are TC and Sharon,
TD and Cinders,
and Cissy and Leroy(?)
Didn't I also see that Echo and Shifty are coming?
Sara Jean and Greybeard will be there.
How 'bout you? Are you coming?

Friday forum again...
Lay a little lovin' on us!

15 comments:

Top Cat said...

I would think 4:00 or 5:00 so we can visit afterward. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hawkeye said...

We vote for 4:00 or 5:00 so we can have some time after we eat.

the golden horse said...

What?

No colored pictures of the procedure?
I do admire your bravery though.

TwoDogs said...

4 or 5 is ok w/us.

GB - Im glad the procedure went well. Has Sara Jean rescheduled yet - Or is she still thinking about it??

TC - belated Birthday wishes.

Golden Girl - In case I forget...
Happy Birthday to you.

the golden horse said...

TD

Thank you, when we were in school it was always easy for a certain boyfriend to remember it. It was the first day of squirrel season and the first day of football practice.
Awww...such memories.

Anonymous said...

HARRIS ANNUAL MINI REUNION

As I have stated before for some reason I can not post individual personal postings so have to post under ANONYMOUS and post to other postings.

S-O-O-O-O
In the past Shifty and I have hosted out annual mini reunion in October. We have had some problems with October being bad for some because of getting boats out of the water, etc. So the suggestion was that maybe the middle to the end of September might be better to get more here.

Time is going by so fast so we need to pick a date that would be better for some. Give me some feed back.

Does Sept. 19th or the 26th looks good for the mini? Please reply as soon as possible so we can get this scheduled.

I think we could still have the bon fire then. Maybe just have to sit back a little further from the heat.

Echo & Shifty

Anonymous said...

The 26th works for me. . . . I'm long gone on the 19th. . . . . ..out of State. . . . . .
dj

TwoDogs said...

The 26th is good for us.

Anonymous said...

The 26th should work for me. We're having Beth's baby shower on the 20th.

Ferdy

Greybeard said...

The 26th works for us too. Are the stars aligning?

CnC said...

GB having gone thru the scope deal many times, ( I had a polyp removed many years ago and have to get scoped every 3 to 5 years) the Fleet drink is the way to go, Just a small bottle you drink instead of the gallon jug was ruff to get down, the other had the same effect, but much better.

Top Cat said...

The 26th works for us also.

Anonymous said...

HARRIS ANNUAL MINI REUNION UPDATE

OK YA ALL. SEPTEMBER 26TH IS THE CONFIRMED DATE FOR THE MINI. LET'S PLAN ON 2:00 P.M. STARTING.

This should give everyone plenty of time for travel. Please be sure to tell everyone you run into about the mini. I will try and send out some e-mails as many don't visit us here.

There are some who visit this site that were not in our class. The invitation is open to you as well.

Larry Vandenberg and his wife joined us for out get together after the alumnni banquet and said that they would also like to attend. If anyone knows how to get in touch with him please let me know.

So far confirmed are DJ, Two Dogs, Ferdy and Greybeard. Let's try to get as many here as possible.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on the 26th.

Echo & Shifty

Cissy Apple said...

Echo, where are you located? As far as I know, we could come.

Unknown said...

As far as I know we are there.
See ya then