Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bobby Joe

Do you have a Facebook account?
I do. And I started my facebook account for one reason-
To be found by people looking for me.

Yesterday I got a Facebook "friend request" from a guy named Bobby J. P******.
Listed as his High School?
CGHS.
I smiled and responded instantly.

I haven't seen or talked to Bob since 1966, but he was one of the good guys.
Good thing too... Bob was a fairly big man, with fists the size of cantaloupes...
A good guy to call friend.

Checking out Bob's "Friends" list I see photos for Pookie I*******, Paula D*****, Bill B*****, and Bob's sister Diane, who worked as a carhop at the Frostop.

This may (or may not) be a chance to bring some of those folks into our VK community, we'll see. But there's no question- opening my Facebook account is bearing fruit.

Maybe it's time for you to do the same?

9 comments:

Greybeard said...

Bob just emailed and said "Hey bonehead, my sister was Donna, not Diane. Diane was a friend."
Actually I lied about Bob calling me a bonehead...
He was very tactful and nice.

Anonymous said...

How is Bob and Donna? I used to run around with her a little when I was about 23 or 24. I haven't heard from either of them for years.

Ferdy

Anonymous said...

Gad zooks! My English is terrible. I should say, "How ARE Bob and Donna." I'll try to do better in the future.

Ferdy

Greybeard said...

They're both on Facebook Ferdy...
Time to sign up!

Anonymous said...

I will NEVER forget the day BJP fell off the back of JT's motocycle in front of our house. He was holding on in back of the seat and when JT took off, WHAM! he landed flat on his back on the gravel and tar BoMar Street. I thought he was dead for sure but he bounced right back up after a couple of minutes...WHEW!

Bo

the golden horse said...

BJ was kind enough to give me few rides home from sock hops in that hot little black coupe. What a ride. That was back when cars were cars.

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me Bob P., I'm curious as to who "golden horse" and "ferdy" might be? It's so nice to reminisce. Wow, that was back in the day of "all smiles" everyone was a good person and we seldom encountered someone we couldn't trust.
P.S. Now I get it ;~) we're supposed to either select an account or be Anonymous. Got it!

BP

Anonymous said...

BP - I'm the one that just got on facebook this week and you asked for a picture to see what I look like now!

Ferdy

the golden horse said...

I am the other new member on your Facebook.