Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday, And Log Inn Pics!










The "Log Inn" wasn't much to look at on the outside. But the line of folks waiting to get in to eat was an indication it might be worth the wait. We didn't wait long to be seated...
Maybe 15 minutes or so. (You can click these pics to enlarge 'em.)










We really didn't know how many were gonna show up, so we sat and chatted for about half an hour to insure everyone who intended to come was there. Here, Cinders and Ferdy catch up on their news.










The lineup on the opposite side of the table from me...
TC, Tracy, Carol, and Ferdy. Cinders and TD are just out of the photo on the right.










Hawk and his Mrs., and Sharon were on my side. Greybeard and Sara Jean are just outta the picture on the left.










TD speaks and TC looks convinced. Cinders seems skeptical. What were you sellin' TD?











This the "Lincoln Room", where Abraham Lincoln supposedly ate during a stop here in the 1840's. We ate in an adjoining room.










Vandy's Kids assembled, just prior to heading home for the evening. This barn, owned by TC's son Scott, is just a wonderful place for a get-together. Thanks again to TC and Sharon, and Scott and Lois, for your wonderful hospitality!

It's Friday once again.
Tell us what's happenin' with ya!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great time, good food and another memory.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed a wonderful evening. You all look like you really like each other!!

I'm planning on going to the Sept. shindig at Echo's....looking forward to seeing you all.

When you talk about all the fun you had in the Valley, I have to say I do wish I could have joined in on the fun. JT, RS, Fly & I did have a great ice skating rink in the winter though. We called it Rizzi's pond. It was really a gravel pit! I can't believe we survived that. No one fell in; we just skated real fast when the ice cracked toward the edge and then got back out when we saw things were o.k.There was no store to warm up in. Sometimes we built a fire. No food either...ya see we had to rough it out in the country! Hah! Man, that seems like a long time ago.

Bo

Cissy Apple said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. We had another busy weekend. Carrie and the girls just left about a half-hour ago, and I'm busy gathering up documentation for my mother-in-law's senior citizen housing re-assessment. I don't know how they expect older folks to be able to take care of all of this stuff, and the director is certainly no help at all. I asked her for a list of everything required for these assessments over a year ago. No word. Then at the last minute, she left a photocopied letter in my mom-in-law's mailbox telling her what she needs, and that she will pick it up Monday.

Leroy's looking for her tax papers, which he didn't find in with his. So he's gone over to look in his mom's file of "stuff". I already looked there twice...if he finds it, I'm having my eyeballs plucked out because they're serving me no purpose at all.

Another idea for a get-together place...a couple miles north of Loogootee is Boggs Lake. Here it is in my backyard and I haven't been there in years. It's gotten so much nicer over the years. Bring a tent, camper, RV, or you can rent a nice camper, cabin, and soon, a revamped FEMA trailer from New Orleans.

My sibs and Mom liked it so much that we've rented three fifth-wheel campers for the last weekend in September.

Husband got home and found the tax papers right in the file where I had looked more than once. Time to get a seeing-eye dog.