Monday, April 05, 2010

Eufaula- "Coming Attractions"

I haven't discussed it in a while. I thought we had the problem licked but it's a tough one, and she has regressed...
QVC addiction.
And one of the main problems is that I am sometimes "co-dependent".
"Look at this!", she'll exclaim. "Isn't that a GREAT deal?!!"
And when I look, of course IT IS a great deal.
Example:
I LOVE Belgian waffles. For a long time I had my eye on a waffle maker at Macy's. The price was too dear for me to pull the trigger, but I went in one day and they had reduced the price. I commented to Sara Jean that if they reduced it further I'd buy the thing.
Next time we were in, it was sold...

No plans to restock it.

Late January, she gave me a big box to open for my birthday.
When I opened it, there was my Belgian waffle maker!
QVC was selling them, and they had them at a considerable discount over the one I was watching at Macy's. I found a "Best" recipe online and we've made waffles with it almost every weekend since January. They're so good they make you want to smack your Grandma!

We're bringing the waffle maker with us to Eufaula. We'll take a consensus vote, and one morning we'll be making breakfast and Belgian waffles will be served overlooking the lake.
Do you want to miss that?
I didn't think so.
But... if she's still living, you'd better warn your Grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH....you sure know how to get to me. I saw a picture yesterday with two waffles and between them was sliced bananas, peanut butter and maple syrup! Made my mouth water to look at that, then I came home and read your note. I'm beyond jelous and feeling quite sorry for myself.

You see, I was in the Podiatrist waiting room reading a magazine when I saw that picture. Then I hear "BoMarGirl come on back" The doctor looked at my big 'ol ugly infected toenail and said, "I think we need to take the nail off." WHAT!!! The nurse tried to freeze my toe with something and proceeded to give me a shot to numb my toe. OH MY, OH MY, OH MY. I have to say it was the most pain since childbirth. Unfortunately for Clint I grabbed him with my left hand and about broke his hand while she worked that needle around some. THEN she shot between my toes. I really almost hit the ceiling. She numbed my foot alright. The doctor came in, took the nail off and I didn't feel that at all.

What a fun day that was. Now you all will think of that when you are chowing down those tasty waffles won't you??? Ha Ha

Love,
Bo

Cissy Apple said...

I've got a freezer full of pecans and a gallon of Mrs. Butterworth for those pecans. Oh, and real butter. If you're going to die of cholestol, you might as well go in style.

Got my maps and GPS set. Will pack my laptop just in case we get bored looking at *Spring* bursting out everywhere. I should pack my gator-wresting costume just in case...since it also doubles as my mud/jello wrestling garb.

My camera's a must, along with my new breathing machine. I'd hate to check out down there and have Leroy worry about transporting my corpse all the way back to Indiana.

I tend to not allow myself to get excited about upcoming trips until just before...and that happened today as I told some of my co-workers I'd be "gone fishin'" for a couple of days. They'll never miss me. My documentation for the subrelease is done and distributed as of yesterday.

I even cleaned up my desk...just in case the gator wins.