Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life Is Good. Sometimes It's Sad.

From Karen this morning, via email:

"My brother Terry and I left early Monday morning and drove
to La Porte Indiana
to see my brother Bud. We were able to
spend a few hours with him.
They had given him morphine just
before we arrived so he wouldn't open his eyes and of course
he couldn't verbally
communicate with us. But he could hear
us and he made facial movements to
acknowledge us.

On our way back to Indy we had just reached the far North
side of Indy when our
cell rang and told us that he had
passed away. God was good to give us the
opportunity to
reunite one last time.


....Would you please make a small post for me to let
everyone in on this news. And
also to thank everyone
for me for their wonderful support and love they shared
when I received the news."


God Bless and comfort you Karen. Keep us
updated.


6 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Karen, So sorry for your loss. Being with him so close to the end was a comfort to him - and you , as well, I'm sure. May your Brother Bud 'Rest in Peace'.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my brother 2 1/2 years ago. I know how hard it is. My prayers are with you and your family.

Ferdy

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the sad news that your brother passed away. Good to know that you and Terry were able to see him before he died. Very sad time for you and your family.
My thoughts are with you, kid.

Bo

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS, MAY THE GOOD LORD SEE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THROUGH THIS. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND ALL THE FAMILY.
LOUISE ADAMS FAHY

the golden horse said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Karen. May he rest in peace now.
Brothers are so special.

Anonymous said...

Karen, so sorry to hear about your brother. I'm glad to hear you got to see him before he passed; I know how upset you were when you didn't think you could get there.
Carol of H&C