Thursday, September 02, 2010

Tan Shoes With Pink Shoe Laces...














... A polka-dot vest, and man-oh-man...


Dodie Stevens sang it.
If my memory is workin', the class of '65 was in the middle building absorbing facts under Mr. L's (and others) tutelage, and girls from the Senior High School classes who intended to be teachers themselves were checking to see if the vocation was right for them by assisting elementary teachers. I had a huge crush on one of them, Patty Mc.
In my memory she was blond and beautiful. Every time she walked to or from that middle building I tagged along and tried to let her know I thought she was just about the "ginchiest" girl I had ever known.
She giggled and put up with my approaches, which just made me love her more.
Thinking it might make the "big impression", I actually considered buying tan shoes and lacing them up with pink cord. The "polka-dot vest" and "Big panama with a purple hat band" were not my style and were completely out of the question though!

I missed an important birthday last month.
Hawkeye's birthday passed unrecognized early in August.
Belated Happy Birthday, Hawk!
(We'll celebrate in October.)

Friday Open Forum once again folks...
What's happenin'?

4 comments:

Rita said...

Those shoes would look great with your holey socks that you dug out of the neighbor's trash can. I'll bet they'd make Sara Jean swoon.

Cissy Apple said...

Busy weekend, but I've accomplished next to nothing. Had to work Friday. On Saturday, I took off to E'ville to spend the night with daughter, son-in-law, and my two precious granddaughters. On Sunday, I kidnapped the girls and took them to Loogootee, then French Lick. Today I made spaghetti and meatballs, along with homemade Italian bread. Mmmm...mmmmm...good.

Back to work for three days, then get my knees worked on this Friday. I plan on being back to work after next weekend.

Greybeard said...

Rita, I once told a friend that if he saw a butt and legs hanging out of the dumpster, they'd likely be attached to my upper half.
But my "holey" socks don't come out of the dumpster...
They are gen-u-wine castoffs from my friend Jim, and are therefore lovingly referred to in our household as "Jimmy Socks". Please only denigrate me with embarrassing facts that are numerous, available, and easily aired here.

Cissy, I've been at work the last seven days (nights actually) straight, working through some of the most beautiful weather I've ever seen.
I'd be delighted to say "I've accomplished next to nothing..."
Family time...
The BEST time to do next to nothing.

Cissy Apple said...

For sure. I was really missing my sweet grandbabies; hence, the kidnapping. I plan on doing that more often, too. Took the girls to see Annie and Uncle Bobby, who they absolutely adore. Those sweet girls are good medicine for all of us.