Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Alumni Banquet

Updated, and moved to the top:

A little coordinating here.......

to reiterate, the Alumni Banquet will be held 10 June.

I've been to several, and they are fun.
The food is better than I expected.
There is a great chance you'll see friends you haven't seen in years.

Today I got a note from BMG that she and Ferdy will attend together.
I know several others have to be planning to attend.
It would be great if the class of '65 had a good contingent to represent us there!

If you plan on attending, how about leaving a comment on this post, so that others can be looking out for you......to save seating and make sure the class of '65 can get together as a group?

Hawkeye, you're attending this year, correct?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated, 30 May:
This came today from Bob White, addressed to most of us:

A quick note, date 6/10/06. Time 6:00 PM place CGHS, call me for tickets, $14.00 each, $16.00 at the door. I need to know [via e-mail] by thur 6/1/06

So, you have very little time. Email, or grab the phone.....make the call!

9 comments:

Hawkeye said...

Yes, We are planing to go to the Alumni Banquet. Who else is going ?

Purple Tabby said...

I sure wish I could but I will be happy to see y'all in October.

Hawk, will you please take more pictures?

Flygirl said...

Sure wish I could make it, but I gotta go trolling in the Keys. But TD and I will try to have a Mini Alumni Banquet on Hook & Cook, if he can make it and the dolphin are hungry.
Hawk, please take pics! You & Hot Lips are the Best!
Have fun and make us all proud of the class of '65.

BoMarGirl said...

Ferdy and I are going to the Alumni Banquet....1st time for both of us! Max is coming along too.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, first one for me, should be fun

Anonymous said...

Larry (Shifty) and I are planning on coming. We went to the one last year and it was a real disappointment. It was our 40th year and there was only about 6 of us there. They had a big table set up and it was almost empty. Sure am looking forward to this year's and hope we have a great turn out.

It's so much fun getting together with the minin's and all. Shifty and I are really looking forward to all of you coming in October. Can use any help anyone wants to give in planning the festivities. Of course there will be the pitch in dinner, like last year, and the bon fire. Jamie's music was great, so if any of you play any kind of music it would be great for you to join in. Let me know.

Also, what is your thoughts on inviting from other classes or do you want to keep it personal with our class. Give me your input.

Purple Tabby said...

Since the mini will be at your house, I think you get to say who to invite.

Personally, I would say "the more the merrier" and I would like to see folks from other classes. So many of us have siblings and friends from other classes and it would be great to see all of them.

However, there are limits as to how many folks you want at your house,,, especially those rowdy and out of control classes.

OH wait! That's US!

Well, Mother wants to visit the mini just to say HI to everyone and get caught up on the news. She could serve as chaperone. (we can take out her hearing aids and she will never know a thing)

Have you decided on a date for the mini?

Greybeard said...

Echo, you're gonna run into the same situation PT found herself in at her Mini......
If the weather is fine, there's no problem. If not, the effectiveness of deodorant will be a factor before the night is through!

I'd love to see people from CGHS classes '63-'67 if they'd be interested. Bring 'em on!

But if it rains, PT's Mom may need more than her hearing aids removed....
As PT has hinted, I've heard this can be a rowdy bunch of folks, given the chance!

Purple Tabby said...

Rain? In Indiana? I've heard that's ALL it does these days!

If it's SRO at Echo's house, Mother will happily take the rest to her house. She loved the party and would do it again in a heartbeat.