Saturday, July 01, 2006

Outta The Loop.....

Wowie!

I take off for a week to chase Canada Geese, and all Hell has broken loose.
I just started reading the comments to TD's Florida fishing review and realized you guys are 'way ahead of me! Gonna start a new line of commo here to see if we can begin to get a good feel for what is really goin' on here.

VK's, we really haven't had a chance to firm up Tool's plans for the next GGFF. I'll try to call him today, Saturday, to plant the seed. My taste of it when I last contacted him was that he'd love to have a co-ed GGFF, but obviously that will take a great deal of coordination from planners........chartering boats, lodging, etc., etc..

Exciting though, isn't it? Getting together is such fun.......
Someone schedule a midnight moonless snipe hunt, and I'll be there to enjoy the action and the socializing! (And I LOVE boobie prizes!)

Looks as if we already have more than enough participants to start the machinery rolling.....
More later after I've touched base with Galveston.


UPDATE, Sunday, 2 July:

No joy contacting Tools yesterday. Not surprising, with Freedom Festivals going on across the continent and families all sharing time together.
Thoughts for discussion......
Mrs Greybeard has absolutely no interest in fishing, but was excited about the idea of spending quality time around a pool with Mrs. TwoDogs and others. The obvious suggestion here is that just because there is a "frighteningly fierce fishing competition" going on here, there is no reason non-fishing classmates that simply want to provide moral support to their favorite team cannot come and root us on, right? I can say that I found Galveston quite lovely, and the fresh seafood there was wonderful. It's a wonderful place to just "be".
We'll all have a ball!

7 comments:

Flygirl said...

GB - How was the "Geese-ing"? Hope you had a Goosing Good Time!

Yeah, it's soooo easy to miss the Loop. These VK's are semi-retired and semi-ready for any & all Adventures.

Isn't it great to be empty nesters? We've all done our time raising kids, etc. Now it's time for us to be KIDS again... Let's never grow up!

A coed GGFF sounds like a blast! Islamorada Fling is good too. Whatever happens will be great!

Glad you're back and into the Loop!!

BoMarGirl said...

HONK HONK Welcome Home GB!

Do you think that we might have both sparkly balls AND boobie prizes? I think GH would like that.

TwoDogs said...

Greybeard has been out Goosing the Geese!

Glad you are back on line. I thought that I was going to have to call for back up - there for awhile......

The Pinkies are beautiful but brutal! GG,FG,PT,BO - the only one that hasn't brutalized us here so far is Ferdy and I suspect that is only because her computer is broke...

It seems as if they have already given us a prize.

“The ever popular ‘Least Fish Caught Award’ – current reigning champions being the Blue Team ;))))” - this from PT herself!

And GG wants to give us a Red Footed Boobie prize or something like that.... Bo said something about sparkly balls. Is there really a prize for that - Or did she just make that up???

Any help you can give - Please do so!

Flygirl said...

GB - Right you are! The Fishing Competitors can use any and all support from the Non-Comps! Everybody should be in on this adventure...the more the merrier!

I'm up for Galveston. I've never been there and always love to go to new places. Let's hope Tools can find some time for us in May. Any assigned duties for me to get the ball rolling...let me know.

I should be finished with Resort Prision in Mid August...Hurray!

HAPPY 4TH TO 'YA ALL!

TwoDogs said...

GB,

Your update is 'right on' ! The minis that have been going on for a couple of years (Thanks to all !)))) tell me that all of us seem to enjoy each others company. Mrs. TD has said that she really enjoys her visits with the Class of '65. And that she is looking forward to the next time. Cinders says "Wherever, Whenever!" I think she has been around me way toooo long! At least, that's what she keeps telling me...

GB, I've been on a couple of snipe hunts... No snipes, but fun, none the less. My older brother and his friends took me on a couple. It is really more fun if the moon is out, though. Every once in awhile, you can catch a glimpse of a snipe. What an elusive little critter. With paper bag and a stick in hand, I seemed to always come back w/o the snipe, though. Now, boobie prizes - that's a different story...

Anyone else ever go on any Snipe hunts?? How many?? What's the record?? Any Snipes??

BoMarGirl said...

Twodogs - Saw your big brother yesterday...he says you never caught a snipe but he had fun watching you. Matter of fact, he laughed just talking about it.

the golden horse said...

Snipe hunting my bu_ _, so that's what they call it nowadays. Right up there with cow-tipping???
I can't imagine big bro doing that to you.. did you see the swamp gas also??
Ask big bro about the night the "cops" caught him parking....
ohmigod, it was too funny.
Sorry way off of the vacation path, just thinking of times gone by.