Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mini Reunion Update

Echo Indy is still MIA for now so I thought I would give a reunion/OJ roast update.
Karen may know of others but as far as I know the following folks are on the Will-Absolutely-Be-There, Wild-Horses-Couldn't-Keep-Me-Away-List

Greybeard and Sara Jean
Hawkeye and Hotlips
Carol S and Tracy
John T and Barb
Rick D and his wife
Dale and Bev H
FerdyFlyer
Flygirl
Linda B
David J
Vicki I
Janet F
Dan F and Edna
Janet B and her husband
Indy Echo and Shifty
Jamie S and Michael
PT, spouse and assorted family members
Keany and Susan
Jerry Dunn and his wife

And the Trojan All Stars
The Sloops, the Clements', the Tumeys & the Vandmeister himself

Those on the Strong Possibility List include Two Dogs & Cinders, Hatchet, Marty, Steve H, Billy V and spouse, Top Cat and Sharon.

Those sending regrets while wailing and thrashing the ground, cursing their bad schedules: BoMarGirl, Jeanie and Steve, Jane Ann and Guy, Jackie B., Carol and Harry, Suzan H. And then Mary Ella R will be in DC.

Who did I leave out? Can't wait to see everyone. My trip to Indiana is only a week away! And so is my involuntary absence from computers. Hey, Mother just got cable! Ya just can’t rush progress in Brown County or you’ll end up in the Sherriff’s log on Letterman.

I will have my cell, though, and when the moon is full, and I stand near Bear Wallow Hill at 0200 hrs, I can get a crystal clear connection!

I'll be in touch, so you'll be in touch ;)

9 comments:

BoMarGirl said...

You are right PT, I AM wailing and thrashing around on the ground. The neighborhood "Watch Group" doesn't know quite how to handle the situation..

Purple Tabby said...

I think you need to call in sick to the family reunion in Georgia. We could write up an excuse, get Vandy to sign it and it would be official!

What kind of disease would you like to have?? Let's see, something that prevents traveling more than an hour from home and something that will be over by Halloween?

Yeah, that's the ticket.

A 3-4 day condition that leave you feelings better than before. Hmmmmm what can it be?

I'll Google it and get back to you.

Purple Tabby said...

AH HA!

You will be happy to know that Edinburg has a world renowned research facility for infectious diseases. Well, that would be Edinburg, Scotland but that's such a tiny little detail I don't think we should mention that part.

Plus recently there has been a lot of effort devoted to studying chickens, chicken golf club covers, chicken ring jewelry, chicken jokes,,, well, it’s been quite a cluster cluck of activity.

Of course your relatives will have heard of the Bird Flu and it's quite possible that you may have contracted the dreaded Fun-ee Fowl Fever. It is not fatal but it is highly contagious so it’s best to stay with others who are similarly afflicted and away from everyone else.

Many folks are admitting themselves to the Edinburg facility on Oct 20 for study; some will stay most of the weekend just to make sure they are well.

I think you should join us for your own safety and that of others

Remember: confabulation can be a verb, noun or a way of life. Staying reality based is highly overrated.

Purple Tabby said...

If we were reality based, we would try to find a logical explanation for your double post.

If we choose to shun reality then it is perfectly clear that magic caused the double post,,, maybe there are gremlins in your computer? It could be caused by sun spots. Or selling grass,,,, or smoking grass. ;D Hard to tell.

But then you knew that, you sly fox.

BoMarGirl said...

I'll try that "Funee Fowl Fever" but don't give it much hope. My cousin Scott told me I should only worry about Bird Flu if I should look over and see a chicken sitting next to me! Who can argue with that wacky reasoning?

Indy Echo said...

BoMar Girl. If all it takes to get you here is to have a chicken sitting next to you I am sure we can accomidate you. There are going to be lots of chickens at the Harris farm on the 20-21st.
S-o-o-o-o- will we see ya????

Echo & Shifty

Indy Echo said...

DJ
Ok don't try to even figure out that one. Half of my messages get lost in cyber space. Haven't found out why yet but a lot of e-mails sent to me have been going into spam even though they are in my address list. Raised heck with earthlink and the only suggestion they could give me was to turn off my spam guard. I thought that this was the reason that I haven't been getting an RSVP's to speak off. So off when the spam guard and now I get at least 75-100 junk e-mails a day. Only got (2) RSVP's for the mini.

Indy Echo

Indy Echo said...

Spoke with Jerry D's wife. They are not going to be able to make it after all.

Indy Echo said...

Add Two Dogs and Cinders to the confirmed list.