Monday, March 12, 2007

reconnecting with classmates

I've spent the last couple of weeks reading the archived blogs and their comments posted to VK's and I've truly enjoy them. It has given me brief glimpses into some of your lives and thoughts and I must say, "why have I waited 42 years?" It has been fun to reconnect with those participating at VK's. Now I got the "bug" and I wish more of our '65 classmates would join in.

If anyone has read my blog page about my Hawaiian adventure, let me tell you it's all true. Every vacation I've taken, there was always some fiasco or adventure awaiting us around the corner, and if not, I made my own adventure (or fiasco). I am not a "normal" vacation type of person. I take the high road when everyone else is taking the low road and vice versa. I'm sure if I were to go on a guided African Safari I would see some overgrown trail that nobody else had noticed and would follow that to. . . see what I could see . . . and probably be fighting for my life in a matter of minutes. But that's just me. In my younger days I would have signed up for the reality series "Survivor" in a heartbeat (my favorite show, by the way). But in my old age I am a lot wiser and definitely more cautious. Here I sit with my 30 yr old mind in a 60 yr old body. What happened? Age happened! I'm thankful that I still have my wits about me and can recall the good (and bad) times of my life. So bit-by-bit I will try to fill you in on what my life has been like. I hope you enjoy it and definitely want to hear more about you.

I'm planning on being in the Destin/Ft Walton Beach area the beginning of May and would like to stop by to say "hello" to those of you heading out to your 'fishing fiasco'. Where are you staying and when exactly will you be there.

2 comments:

Greybeard said...

Hey Joker, you're sayin' the same thing many of us have said- why aren't more classmates participating here? Slowly but slowly, we are gathering steam... as an example, we found you!

Yes, "Age happened" to all of us, but I think you'll be amazed at how we are all pretty much the same as when we graduated... just slower, grayer, and more wrinkled. (Smarter and more settled too, in my opinion.)

I look forward to seeing you in the panhandle. I'll have an update post here soon, but in the meantime, as a reminder to everyone, take a look here and check your calendar. If you have questions- comment here, or email me.

Stand by... more info coming.

Flygirl said...

It's amazing how alike we all are! And isn't it wonderful that we have these great memories to post on our blog?

This is so much fun! I love reading the different incidents that happened and wonder where the heck was I? Why didn't I know all this stuff was going on?

Love the VK Blog! Thanks again to Greybeard & PT!