Friday, September 14, 2007

Eastbound!



Bags are packed. We have a couple errands to run. That's fine, 'cause I don't want to drive five hours, just to end up in my home town during rush hour. The plan is to be on the road about 2 P.M. our time... (is that 3 P.M. Indiana time now? Stupid time changes!) Anyway, we'll be "Back in Indiana" by early evening tonight... first time back since Echo's reunion in October.

We hope to add a couple names to our list of classmates we've seen for the first time since 1965 this trip. More on that when the dust has settled.
We're playin' it by ear. When we've had our second cuppa tomorrow morning, we may just decide to strike out and see if we can get face to face with "the classmate to be named at a later date." Ooooh!

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Purple Tabby said...

I LOVE that song! And of course I love the video. I half expected to see our favorite General among the photos since he makes troop rounds fairly often.

Like many others, I remember how good it felt to step out on the tarmac! I remember how the air felt, how it smelled. It was the middle of the night and things seemed clean and fresh; the moon was full.

And I was in a FREE country! Hard to explain that feeling but I'm happy to remember it.
Thanks GB

Purple Tabby said...

GB, I just re-read your last sentence!!
You are going to see the Wicked Wahine ??? WOW

Greybeard said...

Just to let everyone know we arrived safely last night, the trip taking less time than we imagined.
Heavy traffic in Naptown just ain't what it is in other cities!
TD & Cinders house, as you probably imagined, is a showplace... we feel like royalty here.
A good nights sleep under our belts, weather bein' near perfect this morning, we took the downtown tour just to see how the area had changed since about 1966(?)
Unbelievable. But the "Indiana Parking Garage" looks about the same as it did the last time I was there!
Lots of gentrification goin' on here. It's not the Indy I left, that's for sure!

And PT... if I have my way, the "Wicked Wahine" I want to meet will be wearing a kilt...
I'll try my darndest to get a good photo... suitable for posting before the weekend is out!