Sunday, September 09, 2007

For your viewing pleasure.....

I don’t know of anyone, especially women, who haven’t seen the movie “The Notebook”. Ladies, if you have not seen this movie, you must watch it. It is a truly heartfelt love story. My daughter has been telling me to watch it since it came out 3 yrs ago. I finally watched the movie about 6 months ago – three times in one weekend. I had never heard of Ryan Gosling, but I fell in love with this young man immediately. I also went through a LOT of kleenex.



Part of the movie was filmed in Mt. Pleasant, SC. at the Boone Hall Plantation. My daughter lives close by in Charleston and visited Boone Hall this summer. Here are some pictures that were taken - that’s her in the picture:











The picture on the left is the entrance to Boone Hall Plantation. The picture on the right is the lake where all the swans were when the young couple in the movie went for a rowboat ride. (In the movie, most of the swans were digitally enhanced.)










This picture on the left is called the Charleston Battery in Charleston, SC.
On the right is a Live Oak tree with Spanish moss.

These pictures were taken by my daughter, this summer.

7 comments:

Greybeard said...

Definitely a "Chick Flick", but a great one!
Well acted all around.
Here's another "Notebook" link for those interested.

The Joker said...

definitely a chick-flick! I absolutely loved it!
For us gals, the movie gets you "hot under the collar" and when the movie is over you cry the rest of the night.

Anyhow, the 2 young stars Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams began dating during the movie in 2004 and are still together today.

Purple Tabby said...

What a beautiful area

Ya know, Ferdyflyer, Jeanie and Steve W and somebody else (I forget who) have kids and grandkids in that area.

Maybe we should take a road trip and see how the kids are doing? One excuse is as good as another.

the golden horse said...

Such a beautiful well written story. I watched it a little over two years ago. Of course, I have always loved James Garner.
I wish they would make more movies of this caliber.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great "chick flick"! I knew GB would call it that before I read the comments...HAH! I read the book and have seen the movie a few times. It's terrific and more movies should be made like that.

I went to see "Miss Potter" recently. It's a great movie on Beatrix Potter's (Peter Rabbit, etc.) life. Renee Zellwenger plays Beatrix and does a great job playing the part.

Bo

Anonymous said...

I think GB,TC, Hawk, TD and DJ should see Miss Potter too. DJ could furnish the Cole Slaw and what a lovely day they would have.

Bo

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hawk here, Yes, I loved "Notebook" and Hawk did too. James Garner has always been a favorite of ours. He was perfect for his role. That was the best "love story" I have ever seen. I also read the book and loved it too. We have Miss Potter on CD to watch by our TV right now. Everyone welcome....did someone say cole slaw?

Mrs. Hawk