Monday, October 01, 2007

Note from Bill & Carolyn

Thanks to Dan F. for forwarding this note

To Vandy’s Kids:

The flowers you sent when Vandy died were breathtaking. Thank you so much for the beautiful flowers and for the important role you played in his life. He never really understood the internet, but knew that what ever it was, the class of 1965 was on it!

As you know, your flowers were the only ones taken to the cemetery. We went back there around 4 that afternoon. There was a beautiful butterfly resting on your flowers. We stood silently watching, and it finally flew into the sky. I know it was Vandy, wanting to spend a few moments with his kids.

Thanks for the memories,
Love Bill & Carolyn

3 comments:

Greybeard said...

Well, that was certainly uplifting!
Thanks PT, for posting.
Thank you Dan for relaying.
Thanks, Bill and Carolyn for sharing.

TwoDogs said...

Thank You, Bill & Carolyn.

Not much more can be said.

We will miss Vandy.

Anonymous said...

I need Bill Vandermeer's address. I thought that I had the correct one but my sympathy card was returned. My e-mail address is honeyrun12@aol.com.
Thank you.

Mr. L