Monday, April 28, 2008

The First of Many


Notice... it's got it's pointy little head up in the clouds there... Denali. Beautiful.

When we started talking about things we could do together to get reacquainted we tossed around several ideas... Hawaii, visiting Judy W. at her Dude Ranch in Colorado, an inland passage cruise of Alaska. Some of us have checked the Hawaii part of that dream off our "to do" list, but if others ever want to head that far West, certainly let the rest of us know 'cause we may want to return.

But now we've gotten the ball rolling on another of the checkpoints on that list... Alaska! You know you've wanted to do it for years, but for one reason or another you've put it off. I've done it too. And then it finally hit me: WHEN AM I GONNA DO IT?
Will I be another of those tragic souls that puts things off until later, only to end up sick, (or worse), before putting the "done that!" tick-mark next to those things I've always wanted to do?

So this will be "the first of many" notices for you to GET OFF YOUR BUTT! We're gonna do this, and you need to be with us.
Yeah, it's gonna take some $$$$. With fuel costs escalating daily, how much cheaper do you think it'll be in a year or two? If you start squirreling funds away now, you CAN do this, BEFORE you get sick, BEFORE you get shot by that jealous spouse!

More than a year away... June of 2009.
Lots of time for you to turn the sofa upside-down when the guests depart to find that extra change and add it to your Alaska fund.


Go here to see what we're planning, but be aware you don't need to do the whole trip... you can just do the boat part of the tour from Whittier to Vancouver if time OR money are a factor. Be aware also, you're probably gonna need a passport, so start on that task right away too.

Don't be one of those, when you hear the rest of us chattering away about what a great time we had and what wonderful memories we have made, that has to say, "Boy, I wish"....
You can do it if you start planning now. So start planning!


BobWhiteDan is doin' the coordinating.
Let him, TwoDogs, or me know your plans to attend.

You already know it, but I'll reiterate:
Let's do this while we're healthy... while we're ALL healthy.
Don't wait. Get rollin'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're inviting our rich guests over and make sure they set on the sofa. May have to add a little extra to my contracts, I'm sure my customers won't mind helping me with my vacation??

I've talked to Marty at the travel place and she has been very helpful. Answered all my questions, even on Sunday.

Tracy mentioned that we were thinking about going to his parents and they wanted the info. Maybe they will pay our way!!!!!
I saw on the History channel last week the rail tour through Alaska, that is what I'm looking forward to, more then the cruise. I've been on several of the cruise trips so I'm so looking forward to the train tour.