Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Morning Quickie-

No, no, no...
Get your mind back where it oughta be!


I just landed and am about to leave work. My flight was to pick up a 23 year old kid involved in a rollover motor vehicle accident. He was drunk X three... blood alcohol content was .0228...
(Most of us would have difficulty walking with that much alcohol in our bloodstream.) This kid was seriously head-injured and was posturing... an involuntary bodily reaction to serious trauma, where your body realizes it has been critically injured.

Outside the ER treatment room, in tears, this kid's Mom told me they lost his older brother in a drunk driving accident two years ago. Now she has to deal with this.

If your kids are close, hug them. If they're not close, email or call them.
Say the words.

And on that happy note, remember... it's Friday again!
Whup it on us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to that mother. I can't imagine losing one child let alone two. I pray the Lord will give her the strenght to get through this ordeal. I hug all three of my kids and three kids-in-law every time I see them. You just never know if it will be the last time.

Ferdy

TwoDogs said...

Reading between the lines - not good!
I wish them well.

A quickie - at our age????