Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Am Thankful


















Today is a day to reflect and be thankful for our blessings.
My son is home. We HAVE a home to which he can return. We are warm, dry, and relatively without worries. In just a few hours there will be a feast on the table we use only two or three times a year that a large percentage of the world's population cannot even fathom, yet we can (and do) take this blessing for granted.
I have grown to know many of you better than I ever knew you years ago because of our shared thoughts here at VK. I have met and will meet some of you in the future because we share a common geographical and, for the most part, a philosophical bond.


I think we're all concerned about the near future. But we know we have the will and the resources to get this ship of State turned around and headed in the right direction, eventually.

So I'll share my prayer of thanks with you:
God, thank you for the strengthening relationship I have with my schoolmates and their spouses. I know I am blessed, and I give you thanks not just today, but EVERY day, for the gifts you have given us.

Everyone... classmates, schoolmates, friends and family...
If you are traveling today, please be careful.
From our house to yours...
Thank you for sharing.

2 comments:

TwoDogs said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my VK friends. Company is just arriving for dinner. Took a turkey dinner to my Mother earlier - stayed & visited for awhile. Tried not to eat much - but, will chow down soon.

We do have much to be thankful for. We are together as a family today and that pleases me.

I will second GB's message....
If you are traveling today, Please be careful. Around noon today, the road to Franklin was crowded. Mostly cars, not many big trucks. I imagine it will be the same a little later this evening - and probably again on Sunday afternoon.

Anonymous said...

We do have SO much to be thankful for; thanks to you all for being such wonderful classmates. I have always loved you all. I think we will always be thankful for our C.G. roots.

The picture you posted GB is one that we had in our kitchen in Bo Mar. So naturally it brought a smile and a lot of memories back.

Blessings to all,

Bo